Left, right, left, right
A fun twist on pass the parcel. Best for kids that know their left from right, or you’ll get in a right tangle!
What you’ll need:
- A big, squishy present in colourful wrapping paper. Put sweets between the layers for the kids as they open it.
- A story that says “left” and “right” lots of times. You could write one about the birthday child and their friends. Here’s an example: “Once upon a time, Vinnie the panda was in a right mess. He’d left his favourite biscuits at home. He knew he hadn’t left them in the kitchen, because he’d checked right before he left.”
What to do:
- Read the story to the children as they pass the parcel round
- Every time you say left or right, the parcel changes direction – so tell the little ones to listen carefully!
- Whenever the parcel changes direction, the kid holding it gets to open one layer. If there’s a sweet, it’s theirs.
- The child holding the parcel at the end of the story gets to open it and keep the present.